- FlixChatter Film Blog - "First half of MSPIFF – Recap + Reviews" (April 21, 2018) - "On top of being substantially profound, this is also a visually-stunning film shot on location in three different continents. Definitely a feast for the eyes and nourishment for the soul."
- Almanac - Twin Cities PBS (April 20, 2018) - Mary Johnson and Director Dawn Mikkelson, live in studio.
- KARE 11 - "Minneapolis woman's powerful story of forgiveness featured in new film" (April 19, 2018) - "Her persona is one of power and also kindness," said Mikkelson. Mikkelson's film follows three stories about "forgiving the unforgivable," including Johnson's story. "I think that she has a message that has helped so many people even before this film came out," Mikkelson said. "She's been speaking across the country and telling her story and changing lives."
- Minnesota Monthly - "Behind the Scenes: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival" (April 12, 2018) - "Rice said that his job is to find films made in Minnesota or by Minnesotan filmmakers. Because of this, three of the films he is most excited about are just that. Rice recommends three films for festival-goers to check out if they are looking for some local flavor: Risking Light, Smitten!, and Virginia Minnesota."
- Rise and Thrive Show - "Special Film About Healing Anger, Resentment, and Grief" (April 11, 2018) - "[Risking Light invites all of us to take our worst stories and put them to rest". Podcast with author of "Unconditional Forgiveness" and founder of the Midwest Institute for Forgiveness Training, Mary Hayes Greico.
- Minnesota Public Radio News - "For its 37th year, film festival returns with 157 features and dozens of shorts" (Apr 11, 2018) - One of 5 films mentioned by Minnesota Public Radio to see at Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival.
- Pierce County Herald - "Filming Forgiveness: Hager City filmmaker to show doc at film fest" (Apr 6, 2018).
- In Deep Radio with Angie Coiros (March 17, 2018) - Nationally syndicated, one-hour weekly news-talk and interview program, hosted by award-winning Bay Area journalist Angie Coiro. One hour with RISKING LIGHT Director, Dawn Mikkelson.
- It's a Question of Balance (March 17, 2018) - Bay Area radio show on KSCO and KOMY hosted by Ruth Copland, balancing the intellectual with the creative. One hour with RISKING LIGHT Director Dawn Mikkelson and Producer Miranda Wilson.
- The Mercury News (Bay Area News Group) - "Cinequest 2018 Guide: 10 movies you'll want to catch" - (February 21, 2018) - “During this divisive, hair-trigger period in America, the idea of coming together after being torn apart seems fanciful and elusive. But . . . [the subjects'] lives provide the solace and hope, we need. Dawn Mikkelson's film . . . couldn’t arrive at a more needed time.”
- The San Francisco Chronicle - "A sampling of what to see at the Cinequest film fest" - "Here is a list of 10 things worth putting on your calendar . . . The healing power of forgiveness proves to be a universal theme in this emotional documentary about individuals who overcome personal tragedies by channeling their anger and grief into endeavors that make the world a better place."
- KQED Arts - "Now Playing! Nicolas Cage Leads the Parade at Cinequest" - (February 26, 2018) - "Empathy, and persistence, are the underlying themes of Risking Light, which receives its world premiere at Cinequest. The documentary treks from Cambodia to Tasmania to Minneapolis to impart the inspiring stories of people who transcended profound loss and persecution to forge healthy, productive lives. Make no mistake, they are mavericks, too."
- MovieRanker.com - "An Interview with Dawn Mikkelson, Director of Risking Light" - "We live in an increasingly divisive culture, where our social media feeds are populated by outrage that reinforces our own biases and pain. How do we begin to talk with one another again? How do we move forward from devastating betrayals and traumas of our lives? These are the questions that are at the heart of Risking Light."
- Walker Art Center Blog - "Urgent Cinema: On Trauma, Forgiveness, and Restorative Justice" - Interview with Director for advance excerpt screening at Walker Art Center.
- Indie Wire - "Untold Story Crowdfunding Rally Announces Ten Finalists in Documentary Competition"
- Pachamama Alliance Press Release - "2011 Possible Future’s Film Contest Winners Announced" - Short film, based on our first interview with Mary and O'shea wins short film contest.